"The history of our traditionel house reaches back to the year 1395"
The building which is now the Deidesheimer Hof was constructed in 1781.
At that time, it was owned by a well-known Palatine wine merchant.
Around 1900 the house was rebuilt in Renaissance style, and has become a historic and architectural monument of the City of Deidesheim.
In the twenties, the property was bought by the Deidesheim wine-growers’ cooperative.
The gastronomical career of the Deidesheimer Hof began.
Also in the twenties, the Hahn family, who started a large winery in Deidesheim, opened up the first wine tavern in Berlin and catered for the Berliners’ appetite for Palatinate wines and specialties.
In 1970 the Hahn family bought the Deidesheimer Hof. Later the building was renovated and the restaurant extended.
In 1992 the Hahn family cancelled their affiliation with the association "Romantic Hotels" in order to become a member of the world’s most charming hotel association, the "Relais & Châteaux".
In 1989 opening of the new gourmet restaurant "Schwarzer Hahn" and bar "Schwarzer Hahn" with "Vinothek" and wine cellar.
The restaurant name is derived from the family name "Hahn" as well as the name of the chef at that time Manfred Schwarz.
In the same year the honouring with a star in the guide Michelin took place.
In 2000 the Hahn family was able to buy the neighboring winery Dienheimer Schloss. It is being renovated and incorporated into the principal hotel.
In August 2001 the Deidesheimer Hof was awarded the 5th star of the German hotel classification. That makes the Deidesheimer Hof the second hotel in Rheinland-Pfalz, that has been given 5 stars since the beginning of the classification in the year 1996.
Since July 2004 Stefan Neugebauer, born 1st July 1975 in Fulda, is Chef de Cuisine for the restaurant “Schwarzer Hahn”.
In his career he worked together with the most famous chefs in Germany such as Heinz Winkler, hotel Residenz in Aschau and Dieter Müller, restaurant Dieter Müller in Bergisch Gladbach.
one star Michelin
second winner “newcomer of the year”
17 points in the Gault Millau.
May 2005 the new banquet- and conference facility “Alte Scheue” for up to 80 guests is opened.
In March 2006 the redesign of the fine dining restaurant “Schwarzer Hahn” is completed to generate an even more enjoyable atmosphere to our guests.
2009/2010 renovation of 10 elegantly furnished rooms and the new conference room Kelterhaus Galerie.
January - April 2010 complete redesign of our courtyard inviting guests with its cosy ambiance and charm.
In May 2012 inauguration of our multifunctional premise Garden House for up to 75 guests.